Every August HCSS members are invited to predict the top and bottom clubs in each senior English division come the following May.
The current holder of our Tipsters Tournament award for 2021-22 is OLLIE GAMBLE.
Points are awarded for accuracy (10 if your prediction for top slot matches your expectation, 6 if your choice finishes second, 4 if it finishes third, 3, 2 and 1). Negative points are awarded for spectacular inaccuracy – so if your selection for top slot actually ends the season bottom of the table you get -10 points, second bottom gets you -6 points, etc. Tips for bottom place that end the season in the top six are treated similarly. As well as eight teams, entrants must forecast Hull City’s points haul at the end of the season, as a tiebreaker in the event of parity.
The window for selection closes at the end of August every season, so a small slice of early season form can be taken into account when selecting – be aware though, this early season form has proved rather misleading on occasion.
Remember though – if you tip Hull City for the top, make sure you reflect that optimism in your City points tiebreaker estimate.
If it is the month of August, you can enter by using the form below.
Our Tipsters Tournament has been going since the 1990s, but the identities of many past winners are lost in the sands of pre-Internet time. Our more recent list of victors is as follows.
- 2011-12: Mike Dees (table)
- 2012-13: Tony Page (table)
- 2013-14: Steve Weatherill (table)
- 2014-15: Glyn Jones (table)
- 2015-16: Tony Page (table)
- 2016-17: Mike Kerrigan (table)
- 2017-18: Sue Brown (table)
- 2018-19: Les Wise (table)
- 2019-20: Pete Josse (table)
- 2020-21: Matthew Coates (table)
- 2021-22: Marc Stamp (table)
- 2022-23: Ollie Gamble (table)